Sunday 18 August 2013

So little time, so much to say...

Lots to say but little time to put it up and say.  Some new arrivals - both locomotives and rolling stock, a trip out to another garden railway some accessories and track planning.

Brief update therefore on some of the accessories and track planning.

I've mentioned before that one of the Borsigs is to be the "Ann Margaret" and I think I've shown the nameplates.  Female loco crew are another matter though.   I tracked some down to the states and a firm called Just Plain Folk although they didn't seem very interested in reply to my emails.

However, Glendale Junction have imported some of the range, so I ordered them.  £9 each is not cheap but they have been shipped across the great big pond and there's probably import duty on them as well. Besides which, nobody else makes them...



The scale is 1:22.5, so nominal LGB scale.  The lady engineer though is rather short though - so much so that she has difficulty seeing out of some of the locos.  I wasn't aware that the figures would come pre-painted and it seems a shame to hide them behind shut doors.  So, rather than the Borsig I looked at some of the others.  The lady engineer is waving, so ideally suited to an open window.   The clothes are American style too - well, overalls and that train driver cap.  So, I looked at the LGB 2-4-0 tender loco.




The firelady is somewhat taller (although comes without a shovel). 

The LGB Porter was another idea, except it doesn't come with open windows...


The Track planning was looking at the far side.  Back on 20th July I posted how I was an inch short on a join and contemplating solutions.   Following on from a discussion at the garden open day, the idea was to move things around and create a bigger gap elsewhere.  Also, Ann's hammock extension had given me the impetus to feature the extension out to the "ferry" (bearing in mind the Lake Constance model).   Playing around has produced this so far...


The extreme left and right tracks the come down at about 45 degrees will link to the rest of the layout.  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment